Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How's the View Up There?


For all you avid snowboarders and skiers, you probably know where I was standing when I took the photo's used for this panoramic. For those who don't, this is a panoramic from the top of the Sundance resort (Bishops Bowl). The view is looking northeast over the Rockies. If you look carefully you can see Deer Creek reservoir just a little bit right of the center of the picture.

It was a great day for boarding, sun shining, scattered clouds, no-wait lifts, it was awesome. The only thing that would of made it better was to have all my best friends there to share the day. Nonetheless, I was in good company.

Being my first time out you can only imagine how my body feels right now! I didn't take any huge spills, just one or two slip outs from some ice on the steep hills. For the most part the snow conditions were fair. On the top side (Arrowhead lift) the snow was soft although the powder was a little crunchy. The bottom side was a little bit harder snow and typically more crowded.

My first day out on the board but hopefully not the last.

-St3

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Oh I wish Tyler could have gone with you! He wanted to so bad, but couldn't take work off for a day. He even saved up money for night boarding, lol.